I used some cotton drill between the layers as stabiliser and I used a lightweight interfacing on the Liberty and the pockets. The bag was still a bit floppy so next time I'll try a stiffer stabiliser.
The other deviation from the pattern is the straps were cut 5" x 24". The little selvedges were added for some fun. I also top stitched around the base for added support.
Fabrics used: Dear Stella, Liberty, Japanese remnant for the pockets and DS Picnics and Fairgrounds for the lining.
Kris received her bag a couple of days ago and blogged about it here. Now just waiting in anticipation to see who and what mine will be!