Wednesday, April 18, 2012

do.Good Stitches March and April

Here's my March block for the Care Circle for do.Good Stitches. I made this almost two weeks ago when I was churning through the projects.  The block is called Reverse Starburst by Kat one of our Bee members.  Kat co-ordinates a seperate bee called Blankets of Love which make small quilts for premie babies, so instead of making two blocks we each made one big one (mine came in at 23" square).  I really enjoyed making this block, it came together relatively easily too.




Kat also asked for donations of backing fabric so I'm sending over these sock monkeys and I'm also sending the turquoise to use for the binding.  It's a co-oncidence that there's a kid on the front pogoing.  Maybe we should call this quilt Reverse Pogo Starburst!




For April, Annabella in Morocco asked us to make Japanese x and + blocks using the tutorial put together by Amy of Badskirt.  I've been wanting to make this block for a little while so I was super excited to make these.  These blocks are slightly larger than the original tutorial finishing at 11.75" square and are going to be made into two quilts for Siblings Together.




I'm enjoying using up some of the old stash since some new fabric found it's way into the stash recently.  Not sure how that happened! :-)  I'll have to show you what I've acquired but it'll have to wait until the sun comes out again.  It has been raining, actually more like pouring, since yesterday and the forecast looks like rain for another week!




I want to make two more of these so that Annabella has enough to make up the extra quilt.  Unfortunately, because the eldest is on school holidays I haven't had any sewing time.  In fact, we haven't been home very much this week and I'm sort of looking forward to school resuming next week so that we can get back to normal programming.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks!
    Describing your DS as 'old stash' is making me sad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks! Love the bright colours and the fabrics are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blocks - love the pogos :) and I just got some of that DS fabric from spotlight the other day that I'm going to use for the x and + blocks !

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Thanks for stopping by.