Tuesday, April 19, 2011

House Reorganisation

Hello!

I am still here.  Just been very preoccupied with more sick children, a bit of sewing and trying to get on top of reorganising the house.  The latter is a mammoth task which involves every room in this house being decluttered and reorganised and possibly purchasing better storage.  You see, our plans to renovate have not progressed because life has been too busy.  Better organising the house is an interim solution which should make our lives a bit easier to handle (I hope).   I feel like I have finally got the headspace after 2 huge years to get in and tackle it plus Scarlett is getting old enough that we can now get rid of a lot of that baby stuff (YAY!!).

I have made a small start, and I really wanted to post about it last week, the draft post started getting really, really long and detailed so I never go around to finishing it and I think it would've made for boring reading in one hit.  I think a better approach would be to chunk the info down into several posts.  Even that seems overwhelming but I will give it a go.

In the last week we have shifted a large bookcase from Scarlett's bedroom into the lounge room, started making plans for reorganising the dining room/sewing nook, made plans for the boys' bedroom and I have been scouring our local op shops (charity shops) and eBay for a new vintage desk and sewing storage solution.  I already missed out on one piece which I will tell you about in another post.

Cleaning walls and moving furniture is calling me....


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Thanks for stopping by.