|Click on the pictures for a bigger view|
I used Rachel from Stitched In Colour's zig zag binding tutorial, no matter how you do it binding takes so much time! The finish came out pretty well, only a couple of small places that needed hand stitching on the back but that was due to me not keeping things even. I also found that I had to put in a couple of stitches on the mitred corners but I need to check with Rachel whether I did something wrong. The spot fabric is one I picked up at Spotlight last week, it almost looked like the colour was bleeding slightly after I washed it but after a second wash post completion (cold water & white vinegar) it looked alright again.
If you think that was ambitious, this is my original design I put together on Thursday night using five different fabrics. Really, there was no way I was going to do that block and make it into a cushion cover in two days!! I would like to try this sometime though when I don't have the pressure of a deadline.